Almonds, Nutritional Yeast, Chickpeas, Organic Chickpea Miso (Organic Chickpeas, Organic Rice Koji, Sun Dried Sea Salt, Blue Ridge Mountain Well Water, Koji Spores), Water, Lemon Juice, Tomato Paste, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Salt, Onion Powder, Citric Acid.
- Almonds are a source of vitamin E, copper, magnesium, and high quality protein. Almonds also contain high levels of healthy unsaturated fatty acids in addition to a lot of bioactive molecules (such as fiber, phytosterols, vitamins, other minerals, and antioxidants), which can help prevent cardiovascular heart diseases. Recently documented research points to the potential health benefits associated with consuming almonds including lowering cholesterol and reducing the risk of cancer.
- Nutritional Yeast helps give Sama SPREAD its “cheddar” flavor. (Note: Nutritional yeast is NOT the same as yeasts used to bake bread or brew beer.) We use Red Star Nutritional yeast, which is a primary-grown nutritional yeast, meaning it is cultivated expressly for its nutritional components. Nutritional yeast is a quality digestible protein with no cholesterol. It is a good source of B-complex vitamins, minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium and phosphorous, and micro-minerals such as zinc, copper, molybdenum, iron, selenium and manganese. Nutritional yeast is also a good source of dietary fiber, lecithin, and Glutathione, which is the body’s most important antioxidant. Glutathione is found within every cell, where it neutralizes free radicals, supports detoxification, and strengthens immunity.
- Chickpeas are protein powerhouses. The iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc and vitamin K content present in chickpeas all contribute to building and maintaining bone structure and strength. Their high fiber, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B-6 content all support heart health. Selenium present in chickpeas plays a role in liver enzyme function, and helps detoxify some cancer-causing compounds in the body. Chickpeas lower the amount of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol in the blood, and they contain folate, which plays a role in DNA synthesis and repair.
- Organic Chickpea Miso is a fermented food that provides a powerful dose of vital probiotic bacteria essential for proper functioning of the digestive system. In many ways, it acts like a non-dairy yogurt. We use Miso Master brand organic chickpea miso that is made in Asheville, North Carolina, from garbanzo beans (chickpeas) instead of soybeans. We specifically choose a non-soy miso for those of you with soy allergies so that you can benefit from the many health benefits of miso.
- Lemon Juice contains Vitamin C which, along with flavonoids, contain antioxidant and cancer fighting properties. It helps to prevent diabetes, constipation, high blood pressure, fever, indigestion and many other problems, as well as improving the skin, hair, and teeth. Lemon juice is acidic to the taste, but is alkaline-forming in the body. In fact lemons are one of the most alkaline-forming foods; this makes them great for balancing highly acidic conditions in the body.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil contains polyphenols which act as antioxidants, reducing the oxidative stress throughout your body. A small amount of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are also present in extra virgin olive oil, which are essential for brain health. Vitamin E (a.k.a. tocopherols) in extra virgin olive oil is great for skin health.
SAMA NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 1oz. (28g); Servings: 8; Amt. Per Serving: Calories 80, Calories from Fat: 35, Total Fat: 4g (6% DV), Sat. Fat: 0g (2% DV), Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 110mg (4% DV), Total Carbohydrate: 6g (2% DV), Dietary Fiber: 3g (10% DV), Sugars: <1g, Protein: 5g, Vitamin A: (0% DV), Vitamin C: (0% DV), Calcium: (2% DV), Iron: (4% DV). Percent Daily Values (DV) based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Our Smokey variety also contains a natural condensed smoke, and our Jalapeño contains chopped jalapeño peppers.